PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
WHAT IS A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
• You are the most important person on the health care team.
• A medical home is all about you.
• Your medical home is dedicated to being your trusted partner in health and healthcare.
• It is care that focuses on you and your healthcare needs.
• It is a team-based approach to your healthcare, led by your PCP.
Benefits of a Patient Centered Medical Home?
• Gives you better, more personalized care because your care team knows you.
• Increased access to supportive services.
• Helps keep you well through reminders for preventative care.
• Coordinates care and communicates with your specialists, hospitals and other care facilities.
• Availability of same day appointments and after-hours access. Your healthcare team at CNHF will work with you to live a healthier life.
HOW DOES A PCMH WORK?
Access: Medical Home:
• We offer extended access Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• We offer same-day appointments for urgent visits.
• Request clinic advice after hours call-in number: (323)234-5000
• Access to your medical chart through our Patient Portal, “My Chart.” Urgent Care:
• Access to Urgent Care Centers that are contracted with your health plans. Contact your health plan to be referred to the nearest urgent care.
CNHF Role as a PCMH:
• Work together with you, using shared decision making to manage your health.
• Use care that has been tested and proven to improve the health of you and your family. • Communicate with your specialists, hospitals and other care facilities.
• We provide you with evidence-based care that has been proven to improve the health of you and your family.
• Use validated tools, resources, and educational materials to manage your health.
• Offer whole person care, including access to behavioral health providers. Your Responsibilities in a PCMH:
• Work with your care team to set goals to be proactive about your health
• Always bring a list of concerns and questions to discuss with your provider.
• Bring your prescriptions and over the counter medicine bottles.
• Inform the care team of any recent ER visits, hospitalizations or visits to specialists.
• Follow through on annual physicals and recommended screenings.
• Take all medications as directed.
• Openly share feelings of anxiety, sadness or other concerns.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND SAFETY:
• Implementation of evidence based clinical practices
• Patient satisfaction feedback
• Clinical outcomes analysis
• Continuous quality improvement activities
SERVICES WE OFFER:
• Primary Adult Care
• Pediatric Care
• Women’s health services
• Substance use disorder counseling and mental health services
• Chronic Disease Management (for diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol)
• Preventive Care Services (Cancer screening, immunizations)
• Diagnostic services (EKG, PPD, Pulmonary Function Testing)
• Nutrition and exercise counseling
• Acute care for illness and injuries
• 24 hours a day 7 days a week phone access to your care team
• Care Coordination (referrals to specialists, and mental health providers)
Questions: If you have any questions about your Patient Centered Medical Home,
please contact us at (213) 536-5815 EXT 013. PCMH lead for CNHF, Ruth Ble, will address your questions.