Patient-Centered Medical Home
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH):
• Your PCMH is dedicated to being your trusted partner in health and healthcare.
• Rather than being a physical home, a PCMH is overall care that focuses on you and your healthcare needs.
• It is a team-based approach to your healthcare, led by your PCP.
• You are the most important person on the healthcare team.
• A medical home is all about you.
Benefits of a Patient-Centered Medical Home:
• Gives you better, more personalized care because your care team knows you.
• Increased access to supportive services.
• Helps keep you well through reminders for preventative care.
• Coordinates care and communicates with your specialists, hospitals, and other care facilities.
• Availability of same-day appointments and after-hours access. Your healthcare team at CNHF will work with you to live a healthier life.
How Does a PCMH Work?
• We offer extended access Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• We offer same-day appointments for urgent visits.
• Request clinic advice after-hours call-in number: (323)234-5000
• Access to your medical chart through our Patient Portal, “My Chart.”
• Access to Urgent Care Centers that are contracted with your health plans. Contact your health plan to be referred to the nearest urgent care.
CNHF's Role as a PCMH:
• Work together with you, using shared decision making to manage your health.
• Use care that has been tested and proven to improve the health of you and your family.
• Communicate with your specialists, hospitals, and other care facilities.
• We provide you with evidence-based care that has been proven to improve the health of you and your family.
• Use validated tools, resources, and educational materials to manage your health.
• Offer whole-person care, including access to behavioral health providers.
Your Responsibilities in a PCMH:
• Work with your care team to set goals to be proactive about your health
• Always bring a list of concerns and questions to discuss with your provider.
• Bring your prescriptions and over the counter medicine bottles.
• Inform the care team of any recent ER visits, hospitalizations, or visits to specialists.
• Follow through on annual physicals and recommended screenings.
• Take all medications as directed.
• Openly share feelings of anxiety, sadness, or other concerns.
Commitment to Quality and Safety:
• Implementation of evidence-based clinical practices
• Patient satisfaction feedback
• Clinical outcomes analysis
• Continuous quality improvement activities
Services PCMH Offers:
• Primary Adult Care
• Pediatric Care
• Women’s health services
• Substance use disorder counseling and mental health services
• Chronic Disease Management (for diabetes, hypertension, and cholesterol)
• Preventive Care Services (Cancer screening, immunizations)
• Diagnostic services (EKG, PPD, Pulmonary Function Testing)
• Nutrition and exercise counseling
• Acute care for illness and injuries
• 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week phone access to your care team
• Care Coordination (referrals to specialists and mental health providers)
Questions: For questions or more information regarding the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), please contact Ruth Ble, (213) 536-5815 (ext. 013).